Chelsie (Madsen) Vega
Aspen Grove Music Studio (location map
Friday, 3:45 PM - 4:30 PM
09/20/19 - 11/22/19 (10 weeks)
Rhythm Kids is an exciting and comprehensive music, movement, and drumming program that helps children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth to age 8. Rhythm Kids is segmented into two classes, Level 1 for children ages 4–5, and Level 2 for children in Kindergarten, first, and second grades. Rhythm Kids classes are designed to help children develop their rhythm skills and gain a deeper level of musical understanding, preparing them for formal music instruction.
The program includes:
• Learning drumming patterns through playful animal-themed rhythmic chants
• Experiencing and improvising with new repertoire using a range of percussion instruments
• Ensemble and solo singing and drumming
• Playing dynamic group and partner music and games
• Engaging in group movement activities and folk dances
• Creating imaginative movements, improvising patterns, and sharing ideas with the group
• Learning to take charge and lead others (like a conductor) as well as listen respectfully and follow peers/teacher when it is their turn to lead.